Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year

Personally 2013 didn't end up turning out the way I would have liked. A broken marriage, change in career and starting off again from scratch - only time will tell whether these changes will end up being for the better. Perhaps it has something to do with the number 13! Ironic that it should also be the house number I grew up in.

A last minute change of plan meant I was spending New Year's Eve without Jessie. Funny enough, I didn't dread the loneliness as much as I did for Christmas. I even had an invite off Ben Hall which unfortunately I declined. Nice of him to think of me though. No doubt we'll make a plan soon to have a braai! 

I thought it would probably be best just to go to my local, 5 Lamps, for one or two beers before settling in front of the telly, seeing in the New Year. One thing I did pick up in 2013 was a taste for Real Ale! Thanks to +Geoff Trett  I'm now even a proud member of CAMRA! So perhaps it was no surprise that 6 hours after ordering my first pint of Tribute, I should find myself singing Auld Lang Syne along with the other locals.

It was my first NYE spent as a single guy in 13 years. And there's that number again! Of course it felt different and how could I not think of some great memories from the past, but in many ways I quite enjoyed sitting and chatting to the other folk.

2014 has the prospect of hopefully being a brilliant year for me. I've been accepted at Derby University and now it's just a question of which course to choose. Journalism or Sports Management. On obtaining a degree in either of these I could either stick to the industry or choose to complete my PGCE course in order to become a fully qualified teacher.

So, excitement ahead and I'm really looking forward to the New Year. I hope 2014 brings you all lots of joy and happiness too! Here's to an awesome year ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment