Friday 13 November 2015

An Apology - It can work wonders

No doubt much has been written and spoken about an apology. In my opinion, it's an action that can work wonders. When it's truly meant of course. Sometimes we abuse apologies and use them without actually meaning it and just saying it for the sake of it. I think a true apology is something very special but it also needs someone special to be able to accept one. It's therefore also a two way stream. I was pleasantly surprised this evening when a good friend of mine contacted me and apologised over something he said a day or two ago. Not directed at me but a comment he made in general. It takes a true gentleman in my mind to stand up and apologise and that one little action this evening tells me so much about this friend. I know he truly meant it because most people would have just left it and carried on, hoping maybe it be forgotten along the way; Not this guy. Having stepped away from the situation, given it some thought, he felt his comment was unfair and he apologised! That's a true gentleman and something I'll remember a lot longer than a silly comment he once made. Let's not be too proud and too selfish to apologise. No matter how little or irrelevant it may seem, we have no idea how much it might mean to the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment